Thursday, March 11, 2010

Yes Man!

If you've seen the movie Yes Man, you'll appreciate where I've been coming from recently.
In the past 24 hours, I've had 3 social invitations, all of which I automatically have excuses to turn down.
What's up with that?
I complain that I am stuck in a rut and can't get out. Turns out, it's me keeping me in that rut. It's MY fault!
So, I'm going to make a conscious effort to put an end to this. Every time I feel like saying "no" to something, I am going to reevaluate it and try to determine why I am saying no. Is it a fear of trying new things? Of being inconvenienced or uncomfortable? Do I really think I don't get enough time to myself? Really??
(This will not mean I am changing my mind about any snow-based activities)

2 comments:

Keller B said...

I do the same thing all the time. Proud of you for breaking out of your shell!

healthyhealthyhabits said...

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Wall E