Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tuesday December 1st


Unfortunately, skipped breakfast again.
For lunch, had another hummus filled pita with lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, onion & carrots.
Dinner - I put 1 cup short grain brown rice in sauce pan with 1 cup water and 1 cup broth, brought a boil, covered sauce pan and reduced heat and simmered for 50 minutes, took off heat and let sit for 10 minutes still covered and then fluffed the rice. While this was cooking, I chopped up some mushrooms, onion, butternut squash, broccoli & cauliflower, spritzed them with Bragg's Liquid Aminos and roasted in oven at 425 until tender. Served the veggies over the brown rice with bread & corn butter.
I had poblanos in the veggies, but picked them out because the taste of the peppers didn't work well with the other vegetables.
Great meal, with leftovers for another.

1 comment:

Fran said...

I love Val's cooking and recipes and am looking forward to seeing which ones I can use on a daily basis!